|Toll Free: 800.615.3389||
Cabo San Lucas
The required paperwork for a Mexican marriage is similar to that required in U.S.A., with the difference being that the nearest Mexican consulate must validate all documents (the hotel or wedding coordinator can assist with this).
Here are the basic requirements:
- Current passport as proof of ID and marital status.
- Certified copy of both party's birth certificates.
- Tourist card (received upon arrival in Mexico) or visa.
- Names, addresses, nationalities, occupations and ages of both parents.
- Health certificate and blood test (hotels will help set up the tests, which must be done in Mexico).
- Four witnesses (these can be provided by a wedding planner or the hotel locally for an extra fee). Will also need to provide their names, addresses, occupations, ages and photo ID.
Typically, two to four days must be spent in Cabo San Lucas to complete the requirements, although less time may be required if our wedding coordinator is involved.
In addition, previously married couples need verification that a minimum of one full year has elapsed from the date of one of the following:
- Divorce: Final dissolution of marriage must be verified with a certified copy of the final divorce decree.
- Widowed: Must be verified with a certified copy of the spouse's death certificate.